Saturday, July 12, 2008

So many projects, so little time..

I spent a few nights this week working on the Josephine Scarf to go with the Josephine Halter that I made. I had wanted the scarf to be finished by last night so that I could wear it to bellydance night at Kira's, but alas I couldn't get all the tassels put on in time. So I wore the halter along with the burgundy 4-tiered skirt that I made, and instead of the scarf I wore a black velvet triangle shawl with fringe and my black scarf with silver coins. It still looked pretty good I think and I got some compliments on my outfit (including the kid working the McDonalds drive through window lol). I completed the scarf this afternoon:




Here's the halter it matches:




I also managed to throw together a set of bathroom curtains this week that I made out of some leftover scrap material. I had just enough and I think they came out pretty good:




Of course what all this means is that I have had to put Giselle on hold, and I am looking forward to getting back to working on it. I bought some more clearance yarn and some books at Half-Priced Books this week and now have tons of patterns on my to-do list from all these fabulous books.

I want to go to the drive-in to see some movies tonight but the weather is kinda iffy...will see what happens.

1 comment:

Sindepeye said...

Nice very very nice :) Those curtains are similar with the tab part to the ones I made long time ago for my kitchen window. Do you remember those white curtains... with the flowered blue tabs? Made them back when I lived in Missouri I think Nathan was 2 at the time. But I still put them on my Lousiana kitchen window. :) Love the scarf! Totally am in love with that outfit you made.. that's so great. You did awesome on it.