Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy weekend

Well, the trip home to Wheeling had its good points and bad points. I knitted the whole car ride there on Friday afternoon which was good. The weather didn't cooperate and thus the fireworks were canceled. Still managed to have a nice family cookout at my mom's. Met Beverly's fiancee and got to spend time with Grandma and the uncles. Unfortunately Sara and Tim played a game of chicken with a deer and the deer won... Tim with a hurt neck and the car probably totaled. But Sara and the girls got by ok.



Saturday was cookout number 2, this time at Lance's mom's church house. We got to see the parsonage and the church and the kids got to play outside and stuff so it was a good time. We tried to make it to both Elm Grove and Wheeling's fireworks displays that night and pretty much missed them both which was a bummer. I swear they started them too early this year and they didn't last long at all.


Sunday I went on a yarn hunt with mom to Ben Franklin and Michaels. Got some more clearance yarns... yeah as if I need more. It's an addiction, I can't help it. Mom got some yarn too and I looked up some patterns for her to use it in so she can do some crochet. I knitted during the ride back home Sunday night until I ran out of light and had to quit.


Yesterday I napped a lot which was nice. I took Melissa to Best Buy to get a new computer monitor and then went back to her house to set the monitor up and pimp her computer with some programs.


Today we had a doctor's appointment for Sean and he finally got his picc line taken out. Maybe now we can start actually behaving like it's summer around here, since school starts in exactly 6 weeks... how depressing. I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up two awesome knitting books and 2 knitting magazines. (random digression: zz top is on vh1 classic right now lol) The books I got are Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel and Sensual Knits by Yahaira Ferreira. They both have some drop dead gorgeous patterns in them that I can't wait to work on.


But first things first... Giselle is coming along slowly but surely:





And I have every intention of starting on the Josephine Scarf tomorrow to see if I can have it ready to wear on Friday night. Oh well, I think it's off to bed for me.



1 comment:

Sindepeye said...

You're so deticated :)