Friday, March 27, 2009

Finished yarn and more markers

I put together a couple more sets of stitch markers last night. I'm thinking that maybe I am going to have to invest in a small soldering torch eventually so that I can join these jump rings and make them seamless. I was researching some jewelry making techniques and learning about it. Here's pics of what I made:











****************************


I plied together my 2 bobbins of the "kites" yarn that I spun up. It didn't come out exactly as I had envisioned but it's pretty for a beginner's yarn I think. Here's a picture of it after I washed, dried, and wound it into a skein:



And here is a picture of the same colorway that was spun as a thicker single on my drop spindle after washing etc:



And a comparison shot of the 2:



I kinda have a preference for the singles, I like how even they are. I guess if my 2-ply was more uniform I might lean toward it. I really want to get better at making a really nice barber-pole like plied yarn.

Here's a close up of the first 2-ply I did after getting my wheel, now that it has been washed, dried and wound up:



****************************


I got a few more rows knit on my "experimental sweater" this week, but not a lot. There just hasn't been time what with all the stitch marker making and the spinning. So many hobbies, so little time!!



No comments: