Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Aeolian started!

On Saturday I finally received the beads I ordered from Whimbeads. I bought 3 tubes of 8mm seed beads, one in teal, one in silver-ish and one in white/crystal because I was not sure what color would look best with my "Turquoise Splendor" Knit Picks Shimmer laceweight yarn. After looking at it for a while I decided to go with the teal beads. They blend in but yet add some sparkle. I think the silver and crystal ones were also pretty but they were almost too noticeable for my taste.

I had to buy a size 12 steel crochet hook to use for putting the beads onto the yarn. It was the smallest size they had at the craft store and luckily it just fits through the beads.

I cast on my Aeolian on Sunday. I had a difficult time getting started on it, but once I finally got a few rows into it I started really enjoying it. I've made some mistakes here and there due to lack of concentration or something with following the chart. I've either worked backwards to fix the mistakes or improvised them a little for the most part. I do see one noticeable error but I don't know that anyone else will really notice it.

As of now, I finished the set up chart and 2.5 repeats of the yucca pattern chart. I think it looks really pretty. I haven't decided yet how large I am going to make this (how many repeats) because I am afraid I will run out of yarn. I guess I will just see what happens. Here's some pics of the progress so far. I pinned it out to show the pattern.








No comments: