Monday, March 2, 2009

Yay for FO's!

Well this week I actually have a few finished objects to talk about. It's been a little while since I updated, so here is what I've been up to:

I made this awesome Hello Kitty angel as a going-away present for my friend Rebecca who just left for Florida. I used baby yarn for this one and a smaller hook. She came out really good I think.




So I have now created a trio of Hello Kitties :)




********************************


After I finished that, I decided to work on this pair of socks that I started like 2 years ago and then buried in the bottom of my knitting bin. It's a really simple sock with some inexpensive acrylic/wook yarn. Nothing terribly exciting about them, but they were the first pair of socks I ever tried knitting. They just happen to not be the first pair I ever completed... Feels good to finish up an old project that has been in limbo for a long time.



********************************


Tonight, I finished up my purple sparkly Josephine Halter. I made this one smaller than the black one that I made last year. I also sewed in some bra cups that I got from JoAnn fabric to give it a smooth shape. It looks really pretty, but this sparkly yarn doesn't photograph well. I have yet to get a picture that really represents the color of this yarn faithfully, but these should give you an idea. The true color is a darker shade of purple.


My goal is to make a set of long gloves to match this. And depending on how much yarn is left over, maybe a triangle scarf to go with it.



********************************



I also started spinning my "Kites" colorway of BFL fiber from Spunky Eclectic on my spindle.



And I received a new roving that I ordered. It's called "Gypsy" from Enchanted Knoll Farm. If I end up buying the spinning wheel I want, this will give me something else to play with :)




No comments: