Sunday, April 26, 2009

Purple maize

I decided that I wanted to do some more spinning this past week so I worked on my "Purple maize" corriedale that I purchased online from Mary Jane's Attic. The braided roving was extremely compacted, so I split it into a bunch of thin strips in order to make drafting it out a bit easier. I spun it onto 2 bobbins worth of singles and then plied them together, washed the yarn and let it dry, and then skeined it up. Here are some pictures of the process:











*******************************


I have still been working on my Aeolian. It's coming along really well but I am almost at the bottom of the tube of beads and am still waiting for the second tube I ordered to arrive.

I also ordered a few jars of dye so that I can experiment with all this cream colored wool I got with my wheel purchase. I only have 2 more 4 oz bags of dyed roving left to spin. After that's gone I won't jave anything interesting left to work with. I'm hoping the dyeing process will be fun and interesting once I get the supplies in the mail.



No comments: