So far I haven't had any major problems with it. I messed up occasionally due to not concentrating enough, so there were a handful of times when I had to figure out why my stitch count was off and then remedy it. I really like the way it looks, and there's something about pretty yarn and a pretty pattern that just makes you really want to work on it.
I have used half of my tube of beads... I am not sure but there's a really good possibility that I am going to run out and have to order some more. I could always work some of the pattern without beads. Or I could use the crystal/silver beads that I bought instead. I will have to see how far I get. But here is a picture of my progress so far.

Of course Merlin had to get onto my blocking squares as soon as I took them out of the box.
**************************************
I never got around to posting about the gifts that I gave my Grandma for her birthday. I didn't have them done in time, so I finished them up by the end of March and then gave them to her this past week when I visited. I knitted a dishcloth based on the kitchen towel pattern that I previously used.
I also made a pot scrubber/pot holder thing that I crocheted from a pattern in the March/April issue of Crochet Today! magazine. It turned out bigger than I imagined it would. She said she would like to hang it up, and I think it would make a nice kitchen decoration.
**************************************
The other day I started spinning a second bobbin of the natural colored wool that I got as a bonus gift when I bought my wheel. The first bobbin I finished before I went on spring break. I was having a problem with my wheel where 2 of the wooden posts that hold the flyer and bobbin kept rotating outward in their sockets and the flyer would fall. So I ended up putting a little bit of wood glue on the bottom of the posts and put them back into the sockets. I didn't put a lot of glue on there, just enough to get them to stay still. If I need to take them apart I think I will still be able to. But it got me back in business and I was able to start spinning again. But I only worked on it a little bit since all of my crafting time has been taken up with the Aeolian knitting.
**************************************
For my stitch markers, I am still debating on whether or not I want to buy some jewelry soldering supplies and solder my jump rings, or just buy already soldered rings. I haven't made any more markers lately. I need to do that too. There's just way too many things I want to do and I never have time to do it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment