Then I gathered up a bunch of coupons and we took the kids to do school shopping. On the way down to the mall we stopped at the Stitching Post because I had read on Ravelry boards that they were having a yarn sale. Sure enough all the yarn was 30% off. Also 25% off on books but I didn't have time to really look at those. I ended up getting 3 skeins of Cascade sock yarn and this random skein of Interlacements rayon/silk.
Left to right: Cascade Heritage in "Dark Sunset", 5601 (black, I think), and "Londonberry", Interlacements "Hawaii" Renaissance Pastel.
While at the mall I went to Yankee Candle Company to use a coupon I got in the mail and ended up getting the best scented candle ever "Purr-chouli". I got 2 of the jars and one votive since they can only be gotten in the fall and patchouli is my favorite scent. And how cool looking is the jar...
After the candle place and school clothes shopping we went to Borders so I could use my $20 gift certificate I got in the mail today. I got a spinning book and magazine that I was really happy with. I love getting free stuff.
Lastly, and perhaps best of all, we got Wii Fit!! I'm so excited! We've been looking for one since they came out and they were always sold out. We went to Best Buy to get Madden '09 and happened to see a bunch sitting there. Now if I can just find a copy of Mario Kart for the wii I'll be set...
On to yarn.
Well I didn't get any knitting done today as a result of being gone all day. My handspun from last night was nice and dry on the hangers so I wrapped them up into tiny skeins and took some pics.
I can't wait for the wool I ordered to come in so I can spin some other stuff. Gotta read through my new book and magazine too. And try plying some of the corriedale I have. So much to do.... so little time.
No comments:
Post a Comment