Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Neverending Sweater ... ended?

Yes! I finished it up late last night after annoying myself for a few hours by doing the crochet trim on it. I steam blocked the bottom half and let it dry overnight. Today I went to JoAnn Fabrics and got some ribbon to thread through to create a tie belt. Here are some pics:



I think it came out pretty good. I knit it tighter than the pattern gauge, so its a little smaller on me than I would have liked. I could have gone up a needle size or two probably.


I'm still trying to decide on the best way to work the tie belt thing. Right now it is one long ribbon threaded through from one end to the other. I'm sure there's a logical way to do it but that is eluding me.


I'm really proud of myself for finishing such a big and ambitious project. Really this was the first sweater I ever made despite my finishing 2 since I started this.


I've got a million other things I want to work on, so now I am giving myself the freedom to start on some new things since this work-in-progress is now checked off the list =)


No comments: