Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Well I finally got around to spinning the last of my Mandy colorway this morning. I washed it in some wool wash and warm water and rinsed it several times in gradually cooler water. There was a LOT of dye bleed that I wasn't expecting. But this is the first time I have worked with a dyed fiber like this. Before I used the natural colored fiber.


I have it in 2 halves, hanging up on hangers with water bottle weights in the kitchen while it dries. It looks like I ended up with roughly 158 yards of a worsted-type weight. I am not sure what I am going to make with it. I will have to look around at some patterns to see what kind of yardage is required for hats, scarves etc. It will be pretty exciting to knit something with yarn I spun myself :)


********************************************


I've been really stressed out lately with some things going on in my life and with my husband being deployed recently. I want to get back into my knitting to maybe help alleviate some of that stress. Video games are good for passing the time, but I think I also need to give myself some extra relaxation time.


I want to make a new pair of socks now that the weather has turned fairly cold here. But I still have to finish that darned Giselle sweater. And the second Giselle that is going to be a bellydance top. I really need to finish these things I already started before I start new projects. I also have the kitchen towel WIP going, but I don't mind leaving that one unfinished. It's a good on-the-go project to take with me when I leave the house.


********************************************


Today I have a sick kindergartener. He started throwing up last night a few hours after trick or treat, and I thought maybe it was from eating too much candy. But it continued all night long and this morning, so I kept him home from school. Seems like it might be some kind of stomach flu. At least I am hoping that it's something that will be quick to pass. He's driving me nuts with asking me for something to drink constantly. I keep trying to explain to him that guzzling down liquids and throwing them back up 2 minutes later are related events...





No comments: