Monday, November 3, 2008

To Sleeve or Not to Sleeve, Take 2

I got the length of my burgundy bellydance top finished today. When it got down to the last few rows and I had to begin making the french cable bust band, I admit I was thinking something along the lines of "Wha?" when I was reading the pattern... But it evolved into one of those beautiful, magical moments when you first can see something coming together and you are both surprised and fascinated. This was probably the coolest part of the whole Giselle pattern to me. And I did not do this the first time around since on the original Giselle I chose to do the crochet trim version instead. I had to take pictures of the bust band to show just how nifty it really is:




I made a twisted cord out of the same yarn and threaded it through the holes in the band to use as a tie closure. Here is what the top looks like in its current form:




So now here is the predicament: I can't decide if I want to leave the sleeves at their current length and bind them off now or continue the sleeves until they are about a 3/4 length, snug-fitting sleeve style. I keep looking at the picture and trying to figure out what to do but I haven't come to any kind of conclusion yet... decisions decisions.


*************************************

So meanwhile I took a break and decided to wind my beautiful Mandy yarn into a nice center-pull ball. I still can't get over the concept that I made this yarn with my own hands. The process is so interesting to me, and I can't wait to knit it into something beautiful (once I decide on a pattern that is...). The yarn is really quite soft and I love the feel of it. Here is the finished product:





Yeah.... that didn't take long.

No comments: