Thursday, September 25, 2008

Better late than never

Well I've not posted for quite some time, a fact which does not make me happy =(

I have been knitting off and on. I started 2 new projects, one being a kitchen towel than can be hung on a stove handle using Sugar N Cream cotton in Ecru.



The second is a bellydance wrap top I am basing on the Giselle pattern using Paton's Brilliant in Beautiful Burgundy. I am probably going to improvise this one. I am not sure how I am going to handle closures or what the sleeve length is going to be, but it will be a crop top for me to dance in.



Speaking of Giselle, I don't think I have made much progress on the original one since I last posted. I really have no willpower when it comes to that picot edge and join. It gets on my nerves and makes me have no desire to work on it... I really need to just force myself through it so I can finish.

Things have been pretty hectic this month and there's a lot of stuff going on right now that has kinda disrupted my flow. So I have been trying to knit when I can, and spin a little (still working on that "mandy" colorway). But I can predict that there will be a lot of knitting and spinning going on in the coming months because I will need something to relax me and help me pass the time...

Meanwhile, I got myself a sword for bellydance! It's a baladay scimitar from Kult of Athena (http://www.cultofathena.com/). I am able to balance it fairly decently so far, but I want to work on my strength and flexibility so that I can do some really neat floorwork and stuff someday.



I have also been messing around with makeup a lot, watching youtube tutorials and teaching myself how to do some dramatic looks I can use with dance costuming etc. Here's some of the goodies I got this week from http://www.cherryculture.com/.

Here are 2 of the looks I created this week:


Black and grey matte -


Purple shimmer -


Well that's about it for now. I will try not to take so long to make the next post!




No comments: