Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Necklace and Earrings

Things have been really busy for me lately. In the past 2 weeks I took 2 different road trips, started cleaning and organizing the house to get ready to move, and all sorts of other stuff.

I started knitting a purple tube top using the "Coquette Lace Tube Top" pattern from the book "Fitted Knits" by Stefanie Japel. I am trying out a new yarn called "Country" by naturallycaron.com and its really soft and pretty. I have finished 3 repeats of the lace pattern so far. It's really easy and nice to knit, I just haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately. Here's a pic I took of it in the van on the way to Virginia 2 weeks ago.



Last night I finished making a necklace and earrings for myself. While I was on a trip to Ann Arbor, MI to visit my friend last week I found a really cool necklace in one of the shops. I loved the way it looked on me so I decided I wanted to make something similar to it in style but with different colors and shapes. I used some beads and supplies I had left over from making stitch markers. I bought some beading wire and the chandelier earring bases this weekend.

I cut the wire into pieces slightly longer than 1cm each and looped them on each end with a bead in the middle and then linked them all together to make a chain for the necklace. I think they came out really well. Here's some photos:





2 comments:

Sindepeye said...

gorgeous!!

No said...

MMORPGs and Blogging and Poetry and Mo better Blues who does that but me? lol from one writer to another i'll share (i don't hate ALL of it just 85%)

http://norianlove.blogspot.com/

Blessings

-No