Yesterday while sitting around watching football on TV and looking at sale ads in the newspaper, I found out that ALL the yarn was on sale at Michaels' this week. So naturally I had to go check that out. They didn't have that large of a selection, but sure enough it was all on sale, some 70% off. So I bought 3 more colors of the Patons Brilliant that I used for my bellydance top. I got black, dark brown, and dark purple. They were 2 for $3. I also got some Patons Lacette that was 2 for $3. I think I could feasibly make some socks out of it since it seems about the right thickness. Each skein has over 200 yards, so 2 skeins of each color should make a pair of socks. I got black, light pink, and a pretty magenta type color.
I bought some red and some white Sugar N Cream cotton to make another kitchen towel for my mom to hang in her kitchen. I will have to work on that this week while I am here.
I think I finally have this Pomatomus pattern figured out pretty well. I've completed one pattern section (22 rows) and it looks really pretty. I was having issues with doing all the yarnovers at the beginning of the rows but I figured out why and it seems to be going ok now. Here's a pic of the progress thus far:

No comments:
Post a Comment