Good grief! It seems like knitting these socks is taking me forever. I don't know what the deal is. I got my "Monkey" socks done in like 2 weeks. I've been working on Pomatomus sock #1 since I left Ohio for Virginia 2 weeks ago. And I managed to finish 1/2 of one sock in that time. I had already completed up through the heel turn before I left.
Maybe it's just the pattern that is making me go so slow. It's really pretty when finished but its not an easy repeat for me since the repeat chunk is 22 rows. I think the next sock pattern I do should have less rows in the repeat and less stitches wide, something a little more simple. Right now this one seems like it takes ages to get through and I don't think I am enjoying it as much as I could be.
Might also be because the yarn doesn't thrill me right now. Yes, it is pretty yarn and I did pick it out for myself, but it's like the second skein of sock yarn I ever bought. Some of the yarn I have bought since then is really exciting in color and texture, really making me want to work with it. But this one not so much. Maybe its the dark colors that don't have so much contrast in them or something, I don't know.
But I really want to get the second sock completed so that I can start on a new pair of socks with a new pattern and new yarn. I guess I will just have to push through it, because otherwise I will put it down, pick up a different project, and then sock #1 will sit around not being worn. And that really would be a waste. I just wish I was more interested in this project right now. =/
No comments:
Post a Comment