********************************
In knitting news, I started knitting a spruce green sleveless turtleneck top using the "Perfect Periwinkle Turtleneck Tube Vest" pattern by Stefanie Japel from the Fitted Knits book. I am not enjoying knitting this one as much as I did the purple tube top. I have ripped this one back I think 3 times so far.
The first time, I didn't like the way the ribbing was. I had purls along the armholes and it tended to curve upward. I followed the pattern, but somehow I was supposed to have knits there instead of purls. Now this pattern has errata and I looked that up online to find the corrections. The way mine came out was like the written instructions in the book and not the corrected pattern notes. So I ripped back to where the neck ends and shifted over 3 stitches so that I had knits at the armholes which looked better. In order to correct this problem if I were to decide to start this project over sometime, I would need to start the ribbing with purls like p3, k3, p3, k3 instead of with knits as I had done (k3, p3, k3, p3).
Then I got another maybe 12 or so rows into it and decided that I didn't like the way my increases looked. The left leaning increases (LLI) look great, but my right leaning ones (RLI) do not look the same as the left ones. I am really obsessive and nitpicky when it comes to symmetry and stuff, so this is bugging me. I ripped it out because I thought I must be doing the RLI's wrong. Then I went searching around on Ravelry looking at other people's projects and read that some other people were having issues with the increases and that they didn't look right but when the sweater was worn/stretched they looked ok. So I started knitting it again and got another 10 or so increase rows done and I am still not having a good feeling about how the RLI's look.
So I am still undecided about this pattern. I am considering ripping the whole thing out and using the yarn to make something else. Maybe another tube top like the purple one I made. This is the same yarn in the same amount as I used for that one, just a different color. And I actually enjoyed knitting that pattern. This one has annoyed me enough already that I don't know if it can redeem itself right now. But here is a pic of what it looked like when I finished the 5 inches of the neck ribbing.
The yarn would make a very pretty tube top....
No comments:
Post a Comment